Monday, November 1, 2010

contrite


\kun-TRYTE\

adjective

: feeling or showing sorrow and remorse for a sin or shortcoming

In elementary school, a section of our English curriculum included "vocabulary." At the beginning of the year we were given a vocabulary workbook, in which each week we would be assigned ten words to define. Part of the week's homework was using the given words in a sentence. Thinking back, it seems like I would have enjoyed the tedious task of looking up words in the dictionary and thinking of ways to use them. I did not. I found the assignments to be boring and trudged though them with half of my brain focused on whatever streamed through the television.

Today I am feeling that same pain. I'm bombarded with schoolwork, already a day behind on this blog, and ill-inspired by the word CONTRITE. Therefore, I will offer you a half-assed effort at using the word in a sentence:

I am CONTRITE that this blog entry is, at the least, mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment