1 : a V-shaped hollow in an edge or surface
2 : a narrow pass between two mountains
3 : degree, step
Perhaps the most infamous NOTCH:
- the moment with Emeril Lagasse when things get one step crazier.
An underrated NOTCH:
- the NOTCH signaling pathway between cells that is indispensable to cell-cell communication.
Use of NOTCH in a colloquial adjective:
- Top NOTCH: first rate
NOTCHES I have known:
- a small chip in one of the keys of the major scale on my mother's piano; I cannot recall the particular note.
- I once drove through some mountains in Wyoming
- the second tightest hole on my Swatch band
- five in my headboard (figuratively)