Monday, May 24, 2010

luscious


\LUSH-us\

adjective

1: having a delicious sweet taste or smell
2: sexually attractive
3 a: richly luxurious or appealing to the senses b: excessively ornate

In 1996 a band called LUSCIOUS Jackson released a song called "Naked Eye." I'm listening to the song right now, and I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I probably have not heard it for over a decade. I didn't remember that the verses are sort of a rap. I just remember the chorus, which is actually kind of a slurring of words in which the only phrase I can make out is: With my naked eye, I saw....and something about fallling rain before it just mushes into an incoherent mess.

Needless to say, this is the first thing I thought of when I received Mirriam-Webster's email about thirteen hours ago. I waited until now to post this blog because I've been busy writing an article about 3D erotic photography for the majority of the day. This is also some LUSCIOUS subject matter, and I should add that I purchased my first Playboy magazine for research purposes, being that the current issue features the first 3D centerfold in the magazine's history. Truthfully? It's not that great. But, sort of revolutionary for the magazine and for the 3D community.

LUSCIOUS Jackson tells me: Naked is a state of mind. I don't know what this means. Is LUSCIOUS also a state of mind? And who is Jackson?

I'm tired and I want more cereal, which does, by the way, have a "delicious sweet taste," although I would hesitate to call Kashi LUSCIOUS.

I'm done here.

1 comment: